---- Tom Ikins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have a non-copyrighted database of map elements that might do with some work. I suspect the density of rivers displayed might be a little overwhelming on a map the size of that on LHEB p 220.

I've managed to replicate the scope of the LHEB river map, which includes the coast of continental Europe, Lundy & the Scilly Isles. The background rivers, if represented in gray, shouldn't be distracting and should provide a better (though imperfect) degree of comparison. I'll need to plot the co-ordinates of the lines of progress for the invasion indicating Areas I, II, II, IV and 600AD (which should further divide Area II). I'm going on a short holiday later this week, will advise when available.

--
Tom Ikins

The Roman Map of Britain
http://www.romanmap.com