Francis:

When I had a similar issue, Paul told me that one had to mutate a residue to be sure that the stereochemistry is correct.  Moreover, as of the last time I checked with Paul, COOT does look at the chiral volumes for pseudo-chiral centers such as Leu and Val, so it is no surprise that COOT doesn't catch it.

Try either Simple Mutate or Mutate & Auto Fit …

Steven