Bottomley, Matthew wrote:
> Dear Cooters,
>
> Is WinCoot able to handle glycosylated Asn residues? If I load my
> current PDB file that contains an Asn with an N-linked NAG modification
> the NAG does not appear bonded to the Asn side-chain (whereas in Pymol
> this connection is drawn). The Asn and NAG have different residue
> numbers - is that the source of the problem? Any good work-arounds?

Dear Matthew,

Yes, this is a know issue, there is no work-around (other than the
gimp/photoshop :).  It is due to be fixed, not that that helps you now.

But note that the bond drawing algorithm is different to the restraint
generation - so even though the bond is not drawn, can still be used in
sphere refinement.

Paul.