Might even consider joining now! Well done Jacqui!
Jacqui

Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:43:02 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] News about the proposed BPS section
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear all,

Please see the ‘news’ below. Thanks to all who have supported this venture thus far.

I didn’t enter the recent debate about the merits (and de-merits) of a section because we have covered the ground a number of times over the past five years. My support for this endeavour comes from having lived through the change from the apartheid government to democracy in South Africa, and seeing that one needs the work of both agitators inside the structures as well as those outside to bring about change … I hope that a section will provide a place of ‘belonging’ for the psychologists who don’t feel that they ‘belong’ or are represented by the current structures.

All the best,
Jacqui

26th February 2009

Re:  Proposal for the formation of a Community Psychology Section

I am writing on behalf of Professor Martin Conway, Chair of the Research Board, following its recent meeting at which the above proposal was discussed.
The Board wished to extend its thanks to you for preparing the proposal and for attending the meeting to make a brief presentation and respond to its queries.
I am delighted to inform you that the Board fully supported the proposal and its recommendation that the proposal be put to a full vote of the membership (in accordance with Rule 40) will be referred to the meeting of the Board of Trustees in April 2009, for consideration.
Signed: Lisa Morrison Coulthard
 ___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator: Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])