Department: Genome Biochemistry
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Apply: Online at www.exelixis.com

We are seeking a professional to join our fermentation team in a hands-on laboratory role.  Duties include cell culture maintenance, scale-up and optimization of protein expression, and biomass production for multiple drug discovery projects. The successful candidate will assist in planning and development of new methodologies and laboratory protocols to improve the efficiency and productivity of the fermentation process.  You will prepare and organize data for presentation and project status reports at individual, group, and departmental research meetings.  You will be expected to maintain familiarity with current scientific literature relevant to the research experiments and programs.

BS/BA degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering and one year of related experience; or MS/MA degree in related discipline or combination of experience and education/training.  Familiarity with protein expression analysis tools such as Western blotting, SDS-PAGE, and activity analysis are desired, as would knowledge of expression construct design and protein purification techniques.  The qualified candidate should have experience in the production of recombinant proteins from systems such as E. coli and/or insect cells using fermentors and bioreactors from 5 to 80 L scale.  Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.

This email (including any attachments) may contain material
that is confidential and privileged and is for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by
others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.
Exelixis, Inc. reserves the right, to the extent and under
circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor
and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.