Hi,

Phosphate + calcium - not an easy combination :)

Fluka brand PEGs used to be the way to go.

I would carefully test the pH of the actual solution in the kit, and
compare it with the pH of the solutions you're making yourself. There are
several reasons as to why - but these values aren't always the same which
(in my experience) is responsible for 40-50% of cases when screening
conditions do not reproduce.

Old PEG solutions can go very acidic, for instance - see previous CCP4bb
exchanges on this subject.

Good luck!

Artem