It took from the 'official' IUCR recommendation in 2000

Guss M (2000) Guidelines for the deposition and release of macromolecular
coordinate and experimental data. Acta Crystallogr. D56(1), 2.

until Feb 2008 for structure factor amplitude deposition to the PDB
to become mandatory.

Nature started to provide coordinates and SFs to reviewers already around
2006

So, with luck, mandatory image deposition will happen in less than a decade.
By
then we'll have dirt cheap solid state disks which we stick into a port
labeled 'solve structure' on our 0.5 lb Windux handheld which then
wirelessly transmits the model and data to the repository, automatically
linking
to your auto-generated paper's identifier, while an artificial intelligence
pre-editing
tool rejects your manuscript for political incorrectness.

Mark my words.

BR