From: Jan Abendroth <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ccp4bb] nad woes
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 12:50 AM

Hi all,
is there any wisdom on NAD out there? I experience some strange behaviour of
this common cofactor.

With moderately convincing density, probably low occupancy of a cofactor that
came along for the ride from E coli, Refmac5.5.0088 pulls the AN6 atom out of
the adenine plane. With my own library that puts planar restraints on the
adenine ring this seems to be fixed.

Coot during real space refinement or regularisation using either the standard
or my own dictionary handles the purine ring just fine, however, totally garbles
up the nicotineamide.

Btw, I use the * nomenclature.

Cheers
Jan