I am always very sceptical of lists like these when used for debate. It
is good for information about events and CFP for seminars etc. I don't
think the machine knows how to transmit discussion as well as our
voices, which are biologically intended for this task. The computer is
limited and limiting.

Maybe the email list 'master' could compile a set of guidelines for this
list?

Dr Phoebe Moore
Lecturer in International Relations
Programme Leader, MA in International Relations and Globalisation
Politics and Contemporary History and
European Studies Research Institute (ESRI)
Crescent House, Salford
University of Salford,
Manchester, M54WT
T: 0161 295 6033
F: 0161 295 5077
Profile http://www.espach.salford.ac.uk/politics/staff/moore.php
2009 Capital and Class Special Issue on peer to peer production
http://www.cseweb.org.uk/curr.shtml