From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deeprose M.
Sent: 16 March 2009 14:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Issues with online Coursework Submission in BB 7

Hi All

We have experienced all of these issues.  I have put in a few enhancement requests to Blackboard in the past, and hope that they will improve this feature.

Query about file sizes being uploaded- a number of large files (e.g. those containing photos/images) seem to become corrupted and unviewable by tutors. We're not sure why but think it may be due to their size. BB are not sure why either....

We have had this issue too.  Everything works fine if you submit in the "normal" way, however if the student clicks the submit button a second time the upload will corrupt.  So if the file is particularly large and taking time to upload then a student may question whether they actually clicked the submit button, and click on it again.  This causes the upload to be truncated.

This is the only way we have been able to replicate that issue.  I have made an enhancement request that BB allows file resuming, and shows a decent upload meter, showing speed of upload and time remaining, like you get on a lot of file upload sites.

Cheers

Matt