Hi,
I am searching for methods of providing students with the facility to jot notes during a learning activity and would appreciate feedback on the following.

In some courses we are finding that student activities are in two discrete sections, ie a few preparatory prompt questions such as "Make a list of jobs you think you could do when you leave College" which then lead into a series of standard MCQ type questions.  Generally the answers to the prompt questions are jotted down on a piece of paper which in most cases is discarded at the end of the session.  I would like to provide the student with a quick and easy way of making and capturing the answers ("jottings") to the prompt questions, primarily for use in PDP reflection exercises at a later date.

Within Bb I have managed to provide a course link to the "Electric Blackboard" which works well enough as does providing a link to a blog and/or a wiki.

Another method I am considering, though not yet implemented, would be to create a web form with text boxes into which the student could type the requiste notes and have a "Send" button which would email the textbox contents to the respective inbox.  I like this latter idea since I can include the text boxes in a webpage which also contains the MCQ questions (generated by one of the text to HTML products which abound).  There is of course the need to identify the email address but I am sure that will be pretty easy stuff for one of the Building Blocks gurus.

However I am at a bit of a loss as to how to create a setup outwith the Bb environment which will allow the student to easily retain the "jottings". I could use the webform and ask the student to enter their email address but I am sure that will start to get cumbersome if they have to enter it for every time they use a webform.

Any and all suggestions would be gratefully accepted as would the way to capture the student email address from the Bb database.

thanks,
Arthur
PS I realise that in my last posting I spoke of the online conferencing system (epop from WiredRed [http://www.wiredred.co.uk]) at UWS and in so doing may have given the impression that I was speaking on behalf of UWS.  For the record I left UWS at the end of last August and I am now working in a consultancy capacity for a local FE College.