Dear Richard and members of the group

Can I recommend that any queries from any University research support staff
in relation to regulatory or governance issues affecting research with the
NHS be directed to the UKCRC Regulatory and Governance Advice Service. This
service has been established to provide authoritative advice on these issues
and is freely available to all working in university research support
offices. For further details and to submit a query please see
www.ukcrc-rgadvice.org.

The advice service can provide advice on detailed queries relating to
honorary research contracts and the Research Passport system in the NHS.

To avoid any confusion amongst those reading this query I can clarify that
the initial statement about who needs an honorary research contract in the
quote below is inaccurate. Information about when honorary research
contracts are required is provided in "Research in the NHS - Human Resources
(HR) Good Practice Resource Pack" available at
http://www.nihr.ac.uk/systems/Pages/systems_research_passports.aspx.

Regards

Janet

Dr Janet Messer