[with apologies for cross-posting]

**   Special feature: Manchester Histories Festival **

This month sees the very first Manchester Histories Festival, an exploration of Manchester's unique and fascinating past. The Festival is a one-day public event held in Manchester Town Hall.

Nine of our contributors are involved in the Festival. This month's special feature highlights how they are involved and includes links to their collections on the Hub.
<http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/mar09.shtml>

**   Latest additions   **

New contributors:  Glasgow Women's Library, and King's College London Archives Services.
Additional descriptions from the University of Chichester, The Women's Library, the University of East Anglia, the National Fairground Archive, The Women's Library (London Metropolitan University), Cambridge University Library, University of London Library, St John's College Cambridge, and Reading University Library.
<http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/inst/>

These include papers of author Doris Lessing (born 1919); records of the Showmen's Guild of Great Britain; papers of mathematician Lady Bertha Swirles Jeffreys (1903-1999); and the Lesbian Archive of Glasgow Women's library.
<http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/news/>

* Latest Additions newsfeed <http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/blog_latest/atom.xml> *

* There is an interactive map showing the locations of all our contributors and providing links to the contributors' pages. <http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/inst/contmap.shtml> *

**  Training for contributors - and potential contributors  **

We are offering Archives Hub workshops in three locations: Glasgow, March 26th; London, April 21st; Manchester, April 23rd.

We have developed a new and improved EAD data creation template. It is incredibly user-friendly and has useful enhanced features. You will be able to load your records into the template and edit them. The new template enables easy linking to digital objects such as images, and we will demonstrate a whole host of additional benefits to the new system. Please contact Lisa Jeskins <[log in to unmask]> if you would like to book a place on a workshop.
<http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/arch/training.shtml>

**  Publication: What are Archives?  **

Jane Stevenson and Paddy Collis have each contributed to a new book from Ashgate 'What are Archives?
Cultural and Theoretical Perspectives: a reader', edited by Louise Craven of The National Archives.
<http://tinyurl.com/6n6sta>

Paddy

Paddy Collis, Archives Hub Data Editor

http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/