Dear  Mr. Mays,

We have a policy on self-service photography listed in our general guide to our Image and Copying Services, which we give out to readers and staff alike.  It pretty much speaks for itself, so I'll paste it below:

---------

Photography Using Your Own Camera

The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Library and Archive services permit the use of personal (including digital) cameras to make copies under the following

conditions:

1. The payment of a daily fee of £5 or £10 per week

2. No tripods, flash or ancillary equipment may be used

3. Prior permission must be obtained from staff for the copying of each document. Such permission may be withheld if:

* the document cannot be copied without risk of damage

* there are insufficient staff to supervise such copying

* such copying may disturb other users

* there are specific copyright restrictions which prevent such copying

NB: This restriction applies to all unpublished material owned by

the Royal Shakespeare Company.

4. A copyright declaration form must be signed for each document copied,

limiting the use of such copies to non-commercial private study and

research and preventing further reproduction of the image in any form.

5. A statement, reserving copyright in the item copied and prohibiting the

making of further copies without the consent of the Shakespeare Birthplace

Trust, must be placed within the frame of each copy.

6. A high quality image will have to be later obtained from the Shakespeare

Birthplace Trust, and permission granted under the normal terms and conditions, if the image is to be reproduced in a published work (including website publication), exhibition or broadcast.

---------

I'm sure you can tailor it to suit your needs, and we welcome any suggestions ourselves, naturally.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tom Garvey
Assistant Archivist, Local Collections

Shakespeare Centre Library and Archive
Henley Street
Stratford-upon-Avon
CV37 6QW

Tel:                  +44 [0]1789 201816 or 204016
Fax:                 +44 [0]01789 296083
Email:              [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Website:          http://www.shakespeare.org.uk <http://www.shakespeare.org.uk/>

From the beginning of February 2009 the Library and Archive Reading Room will be closed on Wednesdays for a six month period to enable us to undertake a number of projects and to deal with a back-log of cataloguing, which will enable us to improve our service. During this period there will be no late night opening. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.