Apologies for cross-posting.

Dear colleagues,

Point 19 of Annex A of HEFCE's circular 07/2008 states that
"institutions should take reasonable steps to test the accuracy of the
entry qualifications reported by their students, reflecting the
availability of other sources of information, such as data from HESA,
ILR, UCAS or the Student Loans Company."

Have any colleagues considered or devised any audits to validate entry
qualifications reported by students?
Has anyone thought about how the qualifications of EU students who have
gained their qualifications outside of the UK will be audited?
The HESA Lookup Service will only inform HEIs that a student has been
returned elsewhere but not declare the qualifications and level
attained.   Are you expecting to contact the previous HEI for confirmation?
Of particular interest would be what mechanisms have been put into place
for audit, implications on resources and what issues have you had to
contend with.

Should you prefer to reply directly, I can be contacted via email at
[log in to unmask]  I'm also happy to collate responses and
send to those who are interested.

Best wishes
Carmen

Carmen van den Bogaard