ANGLES: AN INTERDISCIPLINARY POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE ON CULTURAL HISTORY
Birkbeck, University of London
Saturday 20 June 2009

CALL FOR PAPERS - FINAL REMINDER

The aim of the conference is to bring together a range of postgraduate perspectives on
cultural history from across the disciplinary spectrum. The focus will be on unusual topics
or unconventional approaches to otherwise familiar topics. For instance, papers might
deal with cultural practices that have been neglected by traditional history, or engage
with emerging fields, trends or themes that may have been overlooked by existing
scholarship. We would especially welcome papers that reflect on the challenges of dealing
with discipline-specific responses to the way in which you approach your topic, or the
particular advantages or limitations of taking on an unusual topic.

We invite all interested contributors to submit proposals for 20 minute papers. Please
send a 200 word abstract, including your name, designation, institutional affiliation and
thesis title (if applicable) to [log in to unmask] no later than Saturday 4 April
2009.

Co-organisers:
Rachel Richardson, Thomas Turner, James Emmott
(Birkbeck)

Supported by
School of History, Classics and Archaeology / www.bbk.ac.uk/hca
School of English and Humanities / www.bbk.ac.uk/eh