I'm trying to use pickatlas with SPM and I'm running into a problem. I have
a ROI that appears to be just under the threshold for significant after
small volume correction (.049 FDR). However, when I use pickatlas and .05
FDR as my threshold, my activation does not reach threshold. HOWEVER, if I
use .072 FDR my activations show up, and in the table the corrected p value
is properly listed as .05
To sum, my problem is that the threshold has to be relaxed by ~.022 in order
for the actual threshold (.05) to be seen by SPM.

I've included 3 screen shots that illustrate my problem:
"uncorrected" shows what happens if i set an uncorrected p-value and then
use SPM's SVC function. you can see that the FDR corrected is .05
"pickatlas_05" shows what happens if i use pickatlas and set the p-value to
.05 FDR. no activations reach the threshold
and finally, "pickatlas_072" shows what happens if i use pickatlas and set
the p-value to .072 FDR. at this point it appears most of the activations
that reach the .05 threshold appear.

This isn't a rounding error. The activations do not show up if I try .051 or
.06, only at .072. Also matlab shows that the FDR corrected p-value is
~.049. I was wondering if this is a bug in the software and if there is a
workaround? Or is it a problem in my data? I was hoping to use this program
in order to produce accurate activation maps of just the small volume
corrected ROI. So alternatively, if anyone can recommend a separate method
for doing so I would be quite appreciative.
Wei-chun Wang