Dear Peter,
thank you for the inventory. It is good to know Dr. Crosskey is still
active. He was very nice to me in the period I worked in NHM (1996).
    I asked to Dr. Victor Py-Daniel to prepare the chapter of
Simuliidae of second edition of "Entomologia médica e veterinária".
    I had asked the e-mail of Neusa Hamada to ask her why I, even
publishing and producing very much, did not receive a scholarhip
("bolsa de produtividade"). She did not answer, but another member of
the comitee alleged that "I did not supervise theses, only
co-supervise". This seems very muich the fable of the wolf and the
lamb, in which the wolf always got an excuse to kill the lamb..

Best wishes
Carlos