E.E. Cummings has a poetic sequence entitled "Epithalamion," which seems thoroughly engaged with Spenser:

http://www.famous-poems.biz/E_E_Cummings/Epithalamion-top-ten-poems-by-e-e-cummings.html

I'm not sure, though, if it pre- or post-dates 1940.

And for Eclogues, I can't recall if anyone's yet mentioned Anthony Hecht's "Eclogue of the Shepherd and the Townie." Spenser seems part of the mix here somehow, though the eclogue tradition is a long one and Hecht knows his classics.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/archive/poem.html?id=179070

(By the way, and entirely off-topic, in hunting up the Hecht poem on the website of the Poetry Foundation, I came across an exchange between Alicia Ostriker and Peter O'Leary on the Psalms. Since I know I'm not the only Psalms-obsessed person on this list -- Anne! -- I pass on the link: http://www.poetryfoundation.org/journal/feature.html?id=182864.)

Hannibal