From: Katie Watson
Sent: 16 February 2009 14:14
To: ITS - Admin Reps; GG-ED-DEV
Subject: iPED (Inquiring Pedagogies) International Conference Alert

Dear Colleague

4th International Inquiring Pedagogies Conference

iPED 2009

'Researching Beyond Boundaries',

Academic Communities without Borders

14 - 15 September 2009, Coventry, UK

Please find attached a poster detailing arrangements for iPED 2009. It would be most helpful if you would copy, display and/or circulate it to your colleagues.

Further information is available on our conference website: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/iped2009

I would also like to draw your attention to the following key dates:

  • The deadline for submission of Extended Abstracts and Full Papers is 5 April 2009
  • The Early-Bird Rate for delegate bookings ends on 30 June 2009

Proposals are welcomed in a range of formats - our website provides further details:

·             interactive poster

·             30 minute paper (i.e. 15-20 minute presentation plus questions)

·             PhD  Work-in-Progress Report to form part of a Critical Friend Forum

·             60 minute interactive session (e.g. workshop, panel, dialogue or debate)

·             90 minute symposium (comprising at least four registered participants managing a series of 15 minute related presentations plus at least 15 minutes of audience interaction)

·             virtual participation.

I am pleased to confirm that our programme will include:

Monday 14 September 2009

o   Dr Etienne Wenger, USA                      Scene-Setting Plenary: ‘Learning in a landscape of practice: communities and boundaries’.

o   Dr Etienne Wenger, USA                                      Large Group Workshop:  Communities of practice: a social discipline of learning’

Tuesday 15 September 2009

o   Student Panel                                       Breaking Boundaries and Borders in Higher Education

o   Prof Maggi Savin-Baden, UK              Keynote: 'Researching on the edge: working at the borders of ‘real’ and ‘immersive’ spaces

o   Prof David Young,  UK:                        Closing Plenary

We welcome your queries. Contact us on [log in to unmask] should you need further information.

With best wishes

Kate Watson

On behalf of the iPED Conference Committee

Centre for the Study of Higher Education

The Enterprise Centre

Coventry University Technology Park

Puma Way

Coventry

CV1 2TT

Tel: 02476792305

Mobile: 0797 4984513

Email: [log in to unmask]

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.