hi

Given that there has been some discussion on here about the value of
twitter, I thought that people might be interested to know what
happened with the darwin illusion that I posted on my blog yesterday.

Basically, some anti-evolution types posted some comments, which
prompted some pro-evolution types to reply, and a bit of an argument
kicked off.  At about 4pm this reached the attention of Stephen Fry,
who kindly posted the site on his twitter account.  Within about an
hour we had had 20,000 views of the illusion (making it one of the
most read blog entries on Wordpress.com yesterday), and thus shows
the power of these new forms of social networking.

The posting is here:

http://richardwiseman.wordpress.com/2009/02/12/new-darwin-optical-
illusion/

But I warn you now, some of the comments make for depressing reading!

cheers

Richard

Professor Richard Wiseman
Psychology Department
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane
Hatfield
Herts
AL10 9AB

Tel: 077 909 05219

Blog: www.richardwiseman.wordpress.com/
www.richardwiseman.com
www.quirkology.com

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]