Sad to hear, Hal, & lovely epitaph from you. I met him only once at a
conference here at the University of Alberta (held in Banff) on
Western writing in both the US & Canada; I remember him as telling us
how writers in the US West felt about New York, & we telling him that
that was exactly ho we felt about Toronto. He came across as a man
full of life....

Doug
On 12-Feb-09, at 1:02 PM, Halvard Johnson wrote:

> Keith Wilson died the other day. He was a friend I've known since the
> mid-60s,
> when I spent some years living in El Paso while he was living in
> southern
> New
> Mexico: Anthony, right on the Texas-New Mexico border; then San
> Miguel,
> farther
> north, up the Mesilla Valley of the Rio Grande; and then Las Cruces.
> Any
> house
> of Keith and Heloise Wilson was full of music and wine and poetry, a
> caravanserai
> for poets traveling north or south, east or west.

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

Awards are merely the badges of mediocrity.

	Charles Ives