From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Alison Croggon
Sent: 08 February 2009 07:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Terrifying weather

The death toll just coming in from the bushfires - 65 dead and
counting in Victoria. Absolutely awful.

Here in the city we just were hot. And how. Yesterday was awful. It
reached 47 degrees, which is the hottest since they've kept records. I
have never felt a wind that actually burned your skin before. There
are bushes in our backyard with leaves burned black, which I have also
never seen before, and everywhere across the city there are trees with
withered and burned leaves, like a fake autumn. Not to mention the
poor little lizards that turned into dessciated corpses on the
concrete. Truly a day from hell.

Horrible feeling, which is worse, that this is a taste of things to come.

xA

--
Editor, Masthead:  http://www.masthead.net.au
Blog: http://theatrenotes.blogspot.com