Hi to all,

I am trying to understand how designers, using biological knowledge, could
break down traditional boundaries that limits their creative output to the
sphere of the not living structures, objects, etc. and expand their creative
production to the realm of organic living structures.
With this in mind, I am looking for existing (or possible) models of
collaboration and interaction between Designers and Biologists, that permit
designers to access knowledge on natural/biological processes and systems
that underpin their design outputs in one hand, and that allow the
integration of biology scientific research and design creative thinking in
the other.
I also want to explore some of the ethical, cultural, philosophical and
ideological issues that may arise from designers creating/
manipulating/transforming living structures with a functional purpose.

I have found an extensive bibliography that talks about Art and Biology
interaction and about a number of research projects that team up Artists and
scientists, but little about product design and Biology.

Does anyone out there have any good reading recommendation, or reliable
source on this subject?

Thanks,

Carlos Peralta