This is one of those topics for which I wish I had a tenner for everytime I heard this smoke screen.  It would be interesting to read the GP's engineer and micro reports on the alleged air con that he based his professional unbiased opinion on and why only his patient falls ill with it.  If they have a maintenance schedule and the overall absence records in the department from similar conditions they should have their answer.

Frank

________________________________
From: Carr Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 19 February, 2009 2:07:03 PM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Virus and Ventilation system

A referral i've just received for an office worker in local government:
"Employee has been given an Oral Improvement Warning due to absences exceeding the consideration point of 8 days in the rolling year.
She has asked her managers to contact her GP to confirm that her last period of absence from 5/01/09 until 16/01/09 was due to a viral infection caused by the Air Conditioning in the office. As there is no process for managers to do this direct, an OHS referral must be made to obtain expert medical opinion."
Obviously i am not going to write to the GP etc and will recommend manager to review maintainece of vents etc but any one got any other ideas, comments? I suspect this is more "grabbing at straws" on the employee's part to defer the administrative action but want to give as robust a response as possible
Carr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS