APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING!

Does anyone know of research that has been carried out on the use of the Cultural Formulation of Diagnosis (CFD), or the variants of it that have been developed in different countries? We have located some studies, but suspect there may be many more.

"We" are a small group based in Utrecht (Netherlands), currently planning an intervention project to evaluate the usefulness of such an instrument in the intake phase of mental health care. As you may know, the CFD started life as an appendix to DSM-IV (1994). A Dutch version (the "Cultural Interview") was brought out in 2002, and a shortened version of this using less formal questions has recently been developed by Simon Groen (see references below). These instruments collect information from the client about four topics:

*	the client's cultural identity;
*	the client's understanding of their illness;
*	cultural factors in the client's environment; and
*	cultural elements in the relation between client and therapist.

If you know any studies evaluating the use of such instruments in mental health care, we would appreciate very much hearing about them!

Many thanks -

David Ingleby

www.ercomer.eu/ingleby <https://solismail.uu.nl/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.ercomer.eu/ingleby>

Also on behalf of Maria van den Muijsenbergh, Koos Bartels, Richard Starmans, Rob van Dijk, Walter Devillé and Simon Groen