Hi

I am currently reading Allan V. Horowitz's "Creating Mental Illness", where he among other things discusses critically the transformation that occurred in US psychiatry with the introduction of DSM-III. As I am not familiar with the history of psychiatry literature can anyone direct me towards:
1) other critical studies of this transformation,
2) studies discussing the development of International Statistical Classification of Mental and behavioural disorders (ICD), especially if and when it underwent a "DSM-III transformation",
3) studies comparing the two.

If anyone can help me please email the information to me personally: [log in to unmask]

Regards,
Steindór
Steindór J. Erlingsson
Vísindasagnfræðingur/historian of science
http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~steindor/