Not likely-- certainly trade and exploration is not the primary interest.  As to the rest, well, the intent is not to create an encyclopedia of information, but to develop original scholarship around specific themes of medieval religion/travel/travel writing/ etc.  The book will also seek for papers that address medieval travel and identity (notably religious but also secular), travel and determinations of community, travel and geographic consciousness.

Just so folks know.

June-Ann

-----Original Message-----
From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Juris G. Lidaka
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] for med-religion list serv

Will this be duplicating the intention or contents of the following item?

Trade, Travel, and Exploration in the Middle Ages: An Encyclopedia.
Ed. John Block Friedman & Kristen Mossler Figg.  Garland Reference Library of the Humanities 1899.  New York: Garland, 2000.  ISBN 0-8153-2003-5.

Just so folks know.  Say hi to Jim Long for me the next time you bump into him.

 --
Juris G. Lidaka
West Virginia State University

to: [log in to unmask]