The cross is an interesting thing. Part of the eye of god family. I
would not be at all surprised that there is some sort of genetic link-
dna.....given a handful of 9 straws and enough time the basic generic
human being will probably eventually make one of some form. Hard wired
to the fingers some how. It is accomidated by the celtic aesthetic for
off balance and the cirvolinear so therefore it has a home with the
celts. One of my reoccuring problems is that the cross does not turn up
until late in the record. One does not know where the story came from. A
good story though. Always fun. she of course used the cross to tell the
chieftain about christianity....so after she rattled on about it he
finallly gave up and converted and then promptly died. I believe she
wore him out!

Lots of things to do for the day in addition to crosses- my favorite is
cutting a strip of white cloth - put frost of brigids morning on it and
tie on forehead. Good for headaches or at least you know who as a
headache so you can be careful with them- should actually be a
requirement for everyday when you think of it.

Conrad

Madeleine Gray wrote:

> They were making them at Gumfreston in west Wales a couple of years
> ago (I have one)
>
> Maddy
>
> Dr Madeleine Gray
> Senior Lecturer in History
> School of Education/Ysgol Addysg
> University of Wales, Newport/Prifysgol Cymru, Casnewydd
> Caerleon Campus/Campws Caerllion,
> Newport/Casnewydd  NP18 3QT Tel: +44 (0)1633.432675
>
> 'You may not be able to change the world but at least you can
> embarrass the guilty'
> (Jessica Mitford)

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]