Time is running out to book your places on the free MLA NW courses in February.  Hurry whilst there are still places available.  Brief details are given below but for more information click on the course title.  For the full programme go to www.businessinarts-nw.org.uk.

A booking form is on the website.

SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE

19 February 2009  10.00 - 1.30 - Manchester Cathedral Visitor Centre, Manchester

Recent media coverage has once more emphasised the importance of ensuring the safety of children and young people.  The new Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge will recognise organisations offering high-quality experiences with risk effectively managed.  To achieve the Quality Badge, institutions need to have high child protection standards.  GEM will be running training sessions on the Quality Badge scheme in early 2009, but these will not provide child protection or safeguarding training.  This course will help you to meet the Child Protection standards needed for the Badge and to minimise risk in your organisations

GOVERNMENT POLICY: THE CONTEXT FOR OUR SECTOR

26 February 2009 9.30 - 4.00 - Manchester Cathedral

All staff in museums, libraries and archives, not just those with strategic responsibility, should be aware of the external influence of government policy, given its impact on our day to day work and its significance as a driver for our sector. Government agendas impacting on our sector are not restricted to those relating to culture or education, but also include areas such as health and the environment.
This session will illuminate the current policy context for museums, libraries and archives.  The session will enable staff to recognise the significance of policy on their work, to equip them with an understanding of the current range of government priorities.

WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE?

We hope to run this event before the end of March 2009

The Who Do We Think We Are? educational programme engages primary and secondary school teachers in the exploration of identity, diversity and citizenship with children and young people.  Learn about the opportunities this initiative offers the sector and how to get involved.  For staff managing and delivering life long learning programmes in MLAs.

Business in the Arts:North West
Room 305
Queens Dock Business Centre
Norfolk Street
LIVERPOOL
L1 0BG
0151-709 8780
fax 0151-707 0758
www.businessinarts-nw.org.uk

Charity registration No. 1046901
Company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 2508104

Liverpool - European Capital of Culture 2008