BOWKERwith tagline.jpg                                                                                 AXIELL Logo - PNG.PNG

Axiell enables Syndetic Solutions for catalogue enrichment

East Grinstead – 3rd February 2009 - Bowker is delighted to announce that public libraries using the OpenGalaxy integrated library management system from Axiell UK (formerly DS), can now choose Syndetic Solutions as an OPAC enrichment service. This is compliant with all users of OpenGalaxy using v3.03 of the Viewpoint OPAC, the latest release from Axiell.  Customers can now choose to subscribe to the enriched data seamlessly available from Syndetic Solutions, which appears within the Library OPAC records, delivering a richer, more visual user experience and aiding search and discovery.

According to Doug McMillan, Vice President and Managing Director for Bowker UK and International, “We are pleased to be able to offer Syndetic Solutions to Axiell’s public library customers. We value our links with Library system vendors and look forward to working with OpenGalaxy customers to enrich their OPACs with the breadth of data only Syndetic Solutions can offer.’

Nigel Lancaster, Sales and Marketing Director at Axiell said, ‘We are very pleased to be working with Syndetic Solutions and Bowker.  We are keen to ensure that users of OpenGalaxy can access quality data that best meets local needs. Facilitating the use of Syndetic Solutions and Bowker, offers that increased choice ’

About Syndetic Solutions
Syndetic Solutions, a Bowker company, is a premier provider of authoritative and comprehensive data to enhance library online catalogues. It offers a wealth of descriptive and visual information from the UK, US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.

Subscribing libraries select from a menu of enrichment options which include cover images, summaries, tables of contents, first chapters, excerpts, reviews, series information, awards, find similar titles, author notes and profiles. Linking is based on automatic ISBN recognition; the service is fully hosted and compatible with most OPAC systems so no integration or maintenance is required by the library.

Bowker currently delivers Syndetic solutions to a growing number of public library authority customers in the UK and has many established customers in the UK and Ireland alone. For more details, please visit www.syndetics.com

About Bowker
Bowker is a leading source for bibliographic information. The company provides searching, analytical, promotional, and ordering services to publishers, booksellers, libraries, and patrons through national and international brands, including: Books In Print®, Global Books In Print®, Syndetic Solutions™, Pubnet®, PubEasy®, PubTrack™, AquaBrowser®, LibraryThing for Libraries and more. In the U.S., Australia and Puerto Rico, Bowker is also the exclusive ISBN and SAN Agency and a DOI registration agency for the publishing industry. Bowker is headquartered in New Providence, New Jersey, with operations in East Grinstead, England, and Port Melbourne, Australia. For more company details, please visit www.bowker.co.uk

Axiell Libraries wanting to know more are also welcome to contact Darren Roberts below:

Darren Roberts

Regional Sales Manager

T:             +44 (0)1342 310461

F:             +44 (0)1342 310486

Skype:      darrenroberts_bowker

1st Floor, Medway House, Cantelupe Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 3BJ, United Kingdom

www.syndetics.com   :   www.globalbooksinprint.com   :   www.aquabrowser.com  :   www.librarything.com

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController.