Thanks so much for all the rapid and very helpful responses - I'll
certainly have some stuff to summarise!

To save some more replies, Lorensbergs' product Connect2 has already come
up more than once.
Very grateful!

Hilary

________
Hilary Ely
Libraries Virtual Services Manager
Surrey County Council
East Area Office, Reigate.
Tel. 020 8541 7060 (direct)  079 68 832 419 (mobile)
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Hilary Ely <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries" <[log in to unmask]>
03/02/09 15:16
Please respond to
Hilary Ely <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
We need a 'Box Office' - online booking system for ticketed events

If you have an effective online system or product for booking ticketed
events in libraries, I'd be very grateful for information about it.

We are looking for an online product that can manage the sale of tickets
using online payment, or the allocation of free tickets, for library and
other cultural events with limited capacity.

Ideally, we'd like to give our users a seamless experience something like
booking a ticket with the National Theatre, but we'll settle for best of
library breed!

Has anyone any information or advice on choosing a booking system that
might help us, please?

If you would like to reply to me off list, I am happy to compile a summary
of responses.

Thank you!
________
Hilary Ely
Libraries Virtual Services Manager
Surrey County Council
East Area Office, Reigate.
Tel. 020 8541 7060 (direct)  079 68 832 419 (mobile)
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the
addressee only. It may be confidential and may be the subject of
legal and/or professional privilege.
sender or [log in to unmask]
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and
cannot be taken as an expression of the County Council's position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming
and outgoing mail. Whilst every care has been taken to check this
e-mail for viruses, it is your responsibility to carry out any
checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website -
http://www.surreycc.gov.uk