Apologies for cross-posting (on behalf of the University Health & Medical
Librarians Group). Please reply by Friday 27th February 2009 at the latest.

2009 UHMLG Spring Forum, Monday 9 March

"Let it be also an ambition*... Identifying and supporting the information
needs of 21st century healthcare researchers"
Woburn House Conference Centre, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HQ
www.woburnhouse.co.uk

Open to all library and information professionals (and others) with an
interest in developing and delivering high quality services in support of
health care research.

Recent years have seen an explosion in health care research activity across
the NHS and Higher Education. The development of new funding arrangements
with associated reorganisations and new structures such as Academic Health
Science Centres have started to  transform the research landscape.

But what should we be doing to deliver improved information services in this
new environment? How should libraries support healthcare/biomedical
researchers nationally and locally? Can our traditional skills and services
be remoulded or should we be making a paradigm shift in our service
offerings?

The UHMLG Spring Forum seeks to address some of these issues with an
exciting programme that includes a combination of national service
overviews, local case studies from the UK and the US and input from real
live researchers and national research leads on their information needs.

Confirmed speakers include the following:

+ Professor Roland Petchey - on the research agenda for AHPS and an overview
of the work of The Centre for Allied Health Professions Research
+ Mala Mann - on the work of Cardiff University - Support Unit for Research
Evidence (SURE)
+ Nia Roberts - an overview of her embedded support for academic researchers
in Public Health and Primary Care at the University of Oxford
+ Paul Davey - on UK PubMed Central Developments and the British
Library/Microsoft Research Information Centre
+ Carrie Sherlock, Anne Welsh and Jenny Wood - Supporting research
commissioning
+ Professor Jonathan Webber - on the Academic Health Sciences Centre and the
translational research agenda
+ Helen Harrington - on information literacy training and support given by
the Library Medical Information Literacy Group at Imperial College London
+ JoAnne Sparks - on her experiences of identifying and supporting the
information needs of researchers in major North American centres of
biomedical research

The programme will start with registration and coffee at 09:30 with the
first speaker scheduled for 10:00, and will finish by 16:30. Projected
timings will be confirmed on registration.

* Let it be also an ambition to add your mite [contribution] to the store of
medical knowledge.
Osler W. Valedictory Address to the Graduates in Medicine and Surgery,
McGill University. Can Med Surg J 1874-75;3:433-42.

How to book

Please complete the registration form below and send to Lisa Flint at
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
[Email bookings are preferred.]
Please reply by 27th February 2009 at the latest.

Let it be also an ambition... Identifying and supporting the information
needs of 21st century healthcare researchers
UHMLG Spring Forum Monday 9th March 2009
Woburn House Conference Centre, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HQ

REGISTRATION FORM

Please register me for the UHMLG Spring Forum on Monday 9th March 2009

Name:

Institution:

Address:

Tel. No:

E-mail:

I require vegetarian meals
Yes/No
(please specify any special dietary requirements)

I have other special requirements
(please specify)

Method of payment: Invoices on request, or cheques made payable to UMSLG. We
regret we are unable to accept payment by credit card.

I enclose a cheque for 80 pounds made payable to UMSLG
Yes/No

  - or -

Please invoice me for 80 pounds
Yes/No
Purchase Order Number (if available):

The registration form should be returned by Friday 27th February to:

Lisa Flint
Assistant Librarian: Medical and Biological Sciences
Science Library
DMS Watson Building
University College London
Gower Street
London
WC1E 6BT
Tel: 0207 679 2628
Email: [log in to unmask]

If you have any difficulty with the above text form, please contact Lisa at
the above address, who will be pleased to email a form as an attachment.