Hello,

We have been informed by our finance department that there is a new
legal requirement for us to provide information on the weight of all
publications we receive from Europe.

This is proving difficult for journals as they are sent to us direct
from a variety of publishers with no information about the weight.  Our
subscription agent is not able to provide us with this information.

I was wondering how other libraries are coping with this new requirement
and in what ways people were obtaining this information?

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Regina

Regina Ferguson

Collections Manager

Learning Resources Management Centre

Information & Learning Services

Ashworth Building

University of Salford

Greater Manchester

M5 4WT

Tel: +44 (0)161 295 6226

Fax: +44 (0)161 295 6189

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

http://www.isd.salford.ac.uk

This email and its attachments are intended to be read by the above
named recipients only, and the contents may be confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email you must not act on it, copy it
or show it to anyone. But do please reply to it and highlight the error,
then delete it from your computer.

Any views or opinions expressed within this email are those of the
author and may not neccessarily reflect those of University of Salford.
No contractual arrangement is intended to arise from this communication.