Hi Leo,

We have just moved to Research Pro and are very happy about the flexibility
and the tabbed results, though I am finding that altering the layout and
display of the search pages can be...cumbersome.

We have also decided to completely rethink the way that we use it. Rather
than trying to make it do a little bit for all users, we are focusing our
efforts on developing it for undergraduates as a simpler method for Full
Text article "delivery". We are going to remove library catalogues and many
of the Indexes/Abstracts and replace those as many of our Full Text
databases and journal services as we can. We get lots of "google like"
searches on the catalogue that don't bring up many results, but would
probably be much more successful if done in Research Pro. And because
federated search is almost by necessity limited to simple search options,we
don't think it is really sophisticated enough for postgrads or researchers
trying to do very in depth research.Hopefully by really targeting like this,
we can improve it's usage.

We would really like to start using it for our rapidly expanding e-books
collection, as we think that would really ignite usage of them. (Catalogue
search for "plato and war" brings up no ebooks that we own; searching on the
e-book providers full text search brings up over 200 result in each)
However, both of our main provides, Dawsonera and Coutts/MyiLibrary are not
yet profiled and "we ain't got the dosh," so it sits on the back burner for
now.

Best
Chad

Chad Nelson