Please apologize any cross postings. Best regards.

======
Call for Papers I-KNOW' 09
9th International Conference on Knowledge Management and Knowledge
Technologies
http://www.i-know.at
2 - 4 September 2009, messecongress|graz, Austria
=======

Important Dates:
- Paper Submission Deadline: 9 March 2009
- Notification of Acceptance: April 2009
- Submission of Camera-Ready Paper: May 2009
- I-KNOW '09 Conference: 2-4 September 2009

Introduction
I-KNOW '09 will be held concurrently with the I-SEMANTICS' 09 -
International Conference on Semantic Systems. I-KNOW reflects the
increasing importance and convergence of knowledge management and
knowledge technologies and aims at bridging the gaps between the various
communities and their technology fields. Now in its ninth year, I-KNOW
has a tradition of bringing together Europes leading researchers and
practitioners involved in knowledge management. Attracting more than 500
attendees, I-KNOW is the premier conference on knowledge management and
knowledge technologies in Europe.
I-KNOW provides a perfect opportunity to stay abreast of the latest
developments in these fields. The novelty and quality of the accepted
contributions are ensured by a high-level program committee featuring
international experts on a broad range of knowledge management topics.

Submissions and Conference Proceedings
I-KNOW '09 invites the submission of original contributions from
academic, public and industrial/commercial sectors. The conference focus
is on application-oriented research with emphasis on information
technologies for knowledge management and new management tools and
methods. We welcome papers which present methods, tools, technologies
best practices, and case studies.
All accepted papers of I-KNOW '09 will appear in the printed conference
proceedings. Selected papers will also be invited for an extension to be
published as journal publication in J.UCS.

Conference topics include (but are not limited to):
Basics and Theories
- Methods for Knowledge Management
- Models for Knowledge Management
- Knowledge Management Systems and Applications

Knowledge Work Support
- Knowledge Services and Mash-Ups
- User Context Detection and Attention Metadata
- Creation and Maintenance of User Profiles
- Task Management and Task Mining
- Community and Collaboration Services
- Social Network Analysis
- Informal Learning at the Workplace
- Personal Information Management
- Tags, Folksonomies, and Ontologies
- Knowledge Representation and Modelling Methods

Knowledge Services
- SOA
- Web Services
- Orchestration of Semantic Services
- Quality of Service in Semantic Services
- Service Chain Analysis

Knowledge Relationship Discovery
- Cross-Media Search and Retrieval
- Ontology Lifecycle Algorithm and Methods
- Graph Mining and Statistical Relational Learning
- Text and Knowledge Mining
- Semantic Interoperability
- Salability Aspects and Parallel Algorithms in Knowledge Relationship
Discovery
- Evolution and Alignment of Knowledge Structures
- Semantic Integration of distributed Knowledge Repositories

Knowledge Visualization
- Visualisation of search results, text and multimedia corpora
- Visualisation of knowledge, concepts, relationships and information
structures
- Visualisation of temporal and spatial data
- Human computer interfaces for knowledge and information visualisation
- Visual Analytics for Knowledge Relationship Discovery

Innovative Approaches to Knowledge Management
- Emergent Technologies for Knowledge Management
- Agile Approaches to Knowledge Management
- Peer-to-Peer Knowledge Management
- Distributed Software Architectures for Knowledge Management Systems

Knowledge Management and Web 2.0
- Web 2.0-facilitated Knowledge Management
- Web 2.0 for Knowledge Transfer, Sharing and Diffusion
- Web 2.0 for Collaboration Support
- Case Studies and Best Practises
- Empirical Studies
- User Experience Studies

Conference Chairs
Klaus Tochtermann, Know-Center and Graz University of Technology,
Austria
Hermann Maurer, Graz University of Technology, Austria

Program Chairs
Stefanie Lindstaedt, Know-Center and Graz University of Technology,
Austria
Michael Granitzer, Know-Center and Graz University of Technology,
Austria
Horst Bischof, Graz University of Technology, Austria
Werner Haas, Joanneum Research, Austria
Dietrich Albert, University of Graz, Austria

Preliminary Program Commitee

Raffaele De Amicis, Fondazione Graphitech, Italy
Jean-Yves Blaise, Centre national de la recherche scientifique, France
Remo Burkhard, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Richard Chbeir, Bourgogne University, France
Giuseppe Conti, Fondazione Graphitech, Italy
Ulrike Cress, Knowledge Media Research Institute Tbingen, Germany
Andreas Dengel, DFKI, Germany
Mario Dller, University of Passau, Germany
Heinz Dreher, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
Erik Duval, University of Leuven, Belgium
Martin Eppler, University of Lugano, Switzerland
Joaquim Filipe, School of Technology of Setubal, Portugal
Tom Heath, Talis, UK
Barbara Kieslinger, Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI), Austria
Ralf Klamma, RWTH Aachen, Germany
Jrn Kohlhammer, Fraunhofer IGD, Germany
Rob Koper, Open University of the Netherlands, Netherlands
Harald Kosch, University of Passau, Germany
Narayanan Kulathuramaiyer, UNIMAS University, Malaysien
Franz Lehner, University of Passau, Germany
Sheng-Tun Li, National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan
Dickson Lukose, MIMOS, Malaysia
Mathias Lux, Alpen Adria University Klagenfurt, Germany
Ronald Maier, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Kathrine Maillet, Institut Telecom SudParis, France
Robert Meersman, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Ambjrn Naeve, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Wolfgang Nejdl, L3S, Germany
Tomas Pitner, Masaryk University of Brno, Czek Republic
Wolfgang Prinz, RWTH Aachen and Fraunhofer FIT, Germany
Martin Potthast, Bauhaus University Weimar, Germany
Uwe Riss, SAP Research, Germany
Marc Rittberger, DIPF - German Institute for International Educational
Research, Germany
Ramon Sabater, University of Murcia, Spain
Kurt Schneider, University of Hannover, Germany
Ursula Schneider, University of Graz, Austria
Luciano Serafini, Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK-IRST), Italy
Marc Spaniol, Max-Planck-Institute for Informatik, Germany
Benno Stein, Bauhaus University Weimar
Rudi Studer, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Jim Thomas, Pacific Northwest Laboratory, USA
Robert Tolksdorf, Free University of Berlin, Germany
Ivan Tomek, Acadia University, Canada
Sofia Tsekeridou, Athens IT Excellence Center, Greece
Eric Tsui, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
Bodo Urban, Frauhofer IGD, Germany
Wibke Weber, Hochschule der Medien, Stuttgart, Germany
Martin Wolpers, Fraunhofer FIT, Germany
Yunwen Ye, Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
Volker Zimmermann, imc AG, Germany