Posted by Dr Matthew A Parkes

National Museum of Ireland - Natural History

Merrion Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Email: [log in to unmask]

Telephone: +353 (0)87 122 1967

Please contact Dr Poli directly if you can help his research with details of your own collections of Monte Bolca fish. The forms are very straightforward and can be sent on to you or I can forward them on request.

Matthew

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would be grateful if you could help me and my partner in our research about Mount Bolca

materials which are present in all the world museums. My partner, Dr Emanuele Poli (a Ph.D

student for the Doctorate in Scienze della Terra, Verona and Pisa Universtity), tries to tidy up the

studies made about the various existent Mount Bolca taxa. My Colleagues Prof. Walter Landini

(Palaeontologist, Pisa University), Dr Roberto Zorzin (Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Verona)

and I are working to an updated bibliography enjoyable by palaeontologists and to the list of the

established taxa (or, anyway, present in Bolca) and the specification of the various kinds and

deposits. In case you have a list of paleontological findings in your museum about geosites Monte

Bolca, Pesciara, Monte Postale, Monte Vegroni, Praticini, Purga di Bolca, we would appreciate the

opportunity to be used by Dr Poli so that he can develop and conduct his scientific research in

greater detail.

I apologize for my request, but Dr Poli needs your help for accomplishing his work in the best way.

I am very grateful for your attention.

If you wish, I prepared a form that you can use to insert your dates and the list of paleontological

findings. You can send the material directly to my fellow’s mail: [log in to unmask]

Your sincerely,

Prof. Roberto Bernardi