I understand, thank all for your kind response and suggestions.  all the best, ping

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:49:46 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] programming language/tool/script that is compatible with fsl well under linux
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Ping,
MATLAB is the most popular tool to quickly perform specific calculations.  FSL comes with some functions to load and save NIFTII images.  Many people use bash shell scripting (available from the *nix command line) in conjunction with fslmaths etc to perform various manipulations of images and other analysis files (see https://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fslcourse/lectures/scripting/all.htm).

Best,
Eugene