Hi,

If you want to create a binary mask of overlap between two thresholded
zstat maps (etc) you can use something like
fslmaths thresh_zstat1 -mul thresh_zstat2 -bin overlap_mask

Then you can apply this to any other thresholded zstat map and rerun
"cluster" to get out the local maxima, e.g.

fslmaths thresh_zstat3 -mas overlap_mask masked_thresh_zstat3

cluster -i masked_thresh_zstat3 -t 0.0001 --olmax=grot

Cheers.

On 6 Feb 2009, at 16:33, Lisa Evans wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wondered if anybody could help me with some masking issues.  I
> have run a
> within-participants experiment with 4 tasks (1,2,3,4: each a
> separate scan),
> with three conditions in each task: 1A,1B,1C, 2A, 2B, 2C….
> Initially I ran a
> first-level analysis for each participant computing the contrasts
> that I was
> interested in (e.g. 1A+1B-1C etc).  I then ran a higher-level mixed
> analysis
> computing the grand average of these contrasts.  I am therefore able
> to see
> areas of activation within each task.  What I’d like to do now is
> look at the
> areas of unique and common activation between pairs of tasks, in
> particular
> looking at the contrast A+B-C.  What’s the best way of doing this?
>
> I have attempted the inclusive masking.  I’ve generated binary masks
> of
> activations for A+B-C in task 1 and 2 and then used the fslmaths
> command –
> mul to look at common activation.  Is this correct? Using this
> method I am able
> to see the areas of activation using fslview, however I wondered if
> there is
> any way of getting a list of the clusters and some z-coordinates?
>
> Finally, with regard to the exclusive masking I’m not sure of the
> best way to
> go about doing this, both theoretically and practically.  So
> detailed advice on
> this would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks very much.

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)