Hi,

There is a lot info out there about why we should use standardised tasks (eg):

   http://xwiki.nbirn.net:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Function-BIRN/MultisiteFMRIDevelopment#

and other places such as here:

   http://www.imagilys.com/clinical-fmri-paradigms/

Can anyone point me in the direction of some papers (with the actual
tasks included) or a set of such tasks on the web somewhere for use in
some research in surgical planning. (ie: motor, sensory, speech, etc).
  Yes I realise that there are difficulties in making a one-size-fits
all approach for such things but surely there is a lowest common
denominator for such things.

For example there seems to be a consensus that "Finger, Toe, Tongue"
tasks for the motor cortex are a "good thing". -- [1]   But of course
you could deliver this via an auditory system or visual. etc..

FWIW, for now in my current "ghetto-tech" fMRI setup that I bashed
together for a Masters student uses OpenOffice to export the tasks to
PDF which is then "played back" using auto-advance with a pdf viewer.
For simple rArArA type tasks (motor, sensory, visual) it works fine.

Thanks

--
Andrew Janke - [log in to unmask]
Department of Geriatric Medicine, ANU

1 - Neurol Res. 2008 Nov;30(9):968-73. Epub 2008 Jul 30.