Hi Cibu,

I couldn't replicate your error using FSL4.1.2.

There are some points worth mentioning though:
. The version of FDT in FSL4.1.2 does note care whether the bvals and
bvecs are in rows or columns, neither does it need a carriage return
at the end of the bvals file
. It does however care about the bvals and bvecs file being ascii
files (which might be your problem..)
. The next version of DTIFIT will include an internal sanity check
similar to bedpostx_datacheck, so there will be no need for running
that beforehand (and having to name the input files according to
bedpostx nomenclature)

I have attached ascii bvecs/bvals files based on your data.
Note that I have changed your bvecs file slightly, by flipping the x-
orientation (you would have noticed this problem had you been able to
run dtifit!)

I am not sure what was happening on your side. Hopefully these
attached files should solve your problem...

Cheers,
Saad.