+++Apologies for cross-posting+++

Oxford Institute of Ageing Spring School

‘The Multi-disciplinary Toolkit for Global Ageing’

University of Oxford

19-23 April 2009

Deadline for registrations: 2 April 2009

This four day school will address concepts and tools in demography,
bio-demography, bio-medical research and practice, economics, sociology,
health and policy. Special emphasis will be placed on developing
methodological skills, both from quantitative and qualitative perspectives.
Additional opportunities for networking and informal discussion will be
provided through poster sessions and workshops.

Participants can choose between lectures and practical sessions.

Foundation stream with optional Quantitative and Qualitative Workshops:

Multi-disciplinary stream designed for first-time participants offering
interaction & discussion with leading experts.

More advanced participants have the choice to leave the stream at intervals
and select advanced workshops in quantitative and qualitative research
methods:

Advanced Quantitative Workshops: Breakout groups with focus on statistical
methods, economics and demography; Featuring advanced training in ELSA and
Time Use Survey.

Advanced Qualitative Workshops: Breakout groups with advanced training in
ethnography, in-depth interviewing and Oral History.

Practical stream:

Stream to encourage academic and thoughtful reflection on community practice
and develop methods for evaluation from research perspective. Two levels
included: Active Ageing - addressing social support and productive ageing;
and Health Care - looking at ageing issues from a health care perspective.

Costs for participation:

£550 (without accommodation)

£800 (including 4 nights B&B).

Places are limited, and registration will close on 2 April 2009.

For more information on the School and registration details, please see the
attached brochure, and for registration please go to our website:

http://www.ageing.ox.ac.uk/education/spring-school

or email to: [log in to unmask] .

Thank you for passing this on to colleagues who might be interested as well.

We look forward to meeting you at our Spring School!

Oxford Institute of Ageing

University of Oxford

Manor Road Building, Manor Road, UK-Oxford OX1 3UQ

Tel.: +44-1865-286196, Fax +44-1865-286191