Hi Larry,

I sort of agree about the objectifying but I can't see what the
alternatives are. This is a criticism that can be levelled at a lot of
research.

The film is about people talking about their experiences of Asperger
syndrome - I'm not sure I'd call it a self narrating zoo though and I
don't think the people who took part would either.  These are people
talking about an aspect of their lives, in the same way that people talk
all sorts of different things depending on the focus of research. Whatever
that focus is involves a level of objectifying but I can't see how we can
resolve that?

The people who took part were all motivated by a desire for other people
to understand their experiences. The film clips are being used for
teaching medical/health/social care/education students and professionals.
I think there is space for different approaches and we should value that
space.

Sara