Please consider trying these URLs as they may contain some useful content
towards your goal of finding accounts of those with disabilities who found
themselves as victims of Katrina.  Ignore articles in which disabled is
not refering to people such as an article that informs its readers that
the economy has been disabled by Katrina.

Current News

<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=wn&ned=&q=katrina+
and+hurricane+and+%28disabilities+OR+disabled%29&btnG=Search+News>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/danhk9>

Old News

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?hl=en&tab=wn&ned=&q=
katrina+and+hurricane+and+(disabilities+OR+disabled)&ie=UTF-8

A shorter URL for the above link:

http://tinyurl.com/cxyse5

Scholar

<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=katrina%20and%
20hurricane%20and%20(disabilities%20OR%20disabled)
&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=vs>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/aqp8f8>

Books

<http://books.google.com/books?tab=sp&sa=N&hl=en&q=
katrina+and+hurricane+and+(disabilities+OR+disabled)
&ie=UTF-8&sa=N>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/cphtmj>

Meet the Googles

<http://www.google.com/search?q=%22meet+the+googles%22+and+
%22net-gold%22&hl=en&rls=DAUS,DAUS:2006-11,DAUS:en&filter=0>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/52t9hj>

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
<http://daviddillard.businesscard2.com>
Net-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold>
<http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
<http://groups.google.com/group/net-gold?hl=en>
<http://net-gold.jiglu.com/>
General Internet & Print Resources
<http://guides.temple.edu/general-internet>
<http://guides.temple.edu/general-country-info>
<http://guides.temple.edu/tourism>
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
Educator-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Educator-Gold/>
K12ADMINLIFE
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K12AdminLIFE/>
Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
<http://tinyurl.com/36qd2o>
Net-Gold Membership Required to View Photos

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Irene Loughlin wrote:

> I am looking for testimonials/accounts regarding the effects of
> Hurricane Katrina on the disabled, if anyone has easy access to the
> information I remember seeing on the listserve during the time of this
> disaster, and can point me towards how to access this again, I would be
> very grateful.

> Best regards,
> Irene Loughlin

Archives and tools are located at: