To clarify:
Emma used the term ‘medical professionals’ and associated this with ‘clinical’.
It seemed to me there was a risk of conflating ‘clinical medical, and from
personal experience’ with ‘medical model as in cultural theory’ – but looks like I
also was not too clear on that.  I think Emma is correct to say that in terms
of initial eligibility the DSA is medical model, not because of the ‘medical
professional’ input but (as you also point out Andy) because of the desire for
the letter from a ‘suitably qualified professional’ ie the professional does not
have to be ‘clinical’, a word that suggests healthcare practice rather than
cognitive science or educational studies.
Amanda