Digital Classicist Work-in-Progress Seminars (London, 2009)

Call for Presentations

The Digital Classicist will once more be running a series of
Work-in-Progress seminars in Summer 2009, on the subject of research
into the ancient world that has an innovative digital component. We are
especially interested in work that involves equal collaboration with a
computer scientist or that would be considered serious research in the
Computing field as well as Classics, Archaeology, and/or Ancient History.

The Work-in-Progress seminars run on Friday afternoons from June to
August in Senate House, London, and are sponsored by the Institute for
Classical Studies (UofL), the Centre for Computing in the Humanities
(KCL), the Centre for e-Research (KCL), and the British Library. In
previous years collected papers from the DC WiP seminars have been
published in a special issue of an online journal (2006), edited as a
printed volume (2007), and released as audio podcasts (2008); we
anticipate similar publication opportunities for future series.

Please send a 300-500 word abstract to [log in to unmask] by March
31st 2009. We shall announce the full programme in April.

Best regards,

Gabriel Bodard (CCH)
Stuart Dunn (CeRch)
Juan Garcés (BL)