Maybe the new Commissioner will be our "Rottweiler!"  We can hope!

From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Trent
Sent: 03 February 2009 13:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Does anyone still remember the Crematorium?

I do agree that the crematorium has been made to think.  However I met the clerk to the board.  I won't publish my opinion, it might be construed as fair regarding the thought processes.

I don't "not like it".  The score was always going to be "little man Nil, corporation 1", and I recognise that I am sitting in Don Quixote's horse wielding his lance at a massive windmill.  :)      I'm just a little saddened that there is no humanity in the UKIC's processes.  I am thinking Information Chihuahua again and we need the Rottweiler.

I also know that I am on a list that I am sure the UKIC has of "frequent complainers" or "Oh no, it's that sod again!"  I have been known to complain when the wrong thing hits my phone or email inbox.  One thing that I've noticed, apart fomr the extreme slowness of response, is that they miss things in the complaint.

Griffiths, Ian wrote:

Proportionate meaning just do what you think will make a difference.

I know you won't like this Tim but have you considered that it is very unlikely indeed that they're going to do it again after fourteen months of badgering!  And I mean that with the greatest of respect.  I would consider this case to have very much opened the eyes of this business and perhaps many other businesses with whom they interact.

And it's made great reading.

And it's in the archive forever.

And if they're highlighted as bad practice because of your experience in a seminar or lesson at some point in the future you have a story that will live on in teaching and dissemination.

It can't be said that nothing has been achieved.

Ian