Dear All,
please see attachement for a petition to attempt to prevent the removal of a man to the Democratic Republic of Congo following his recent detention after a failed asylum application. Jean Michel has suffered enough already do we really want to see him sent back to a country in which he will surely be subjected to further torture and heaven forbid his death?

If you add your name and send back to me as an attachment I will collate, print off and take to Justice First but please do so asap as they are planning to remove him on March the 9th so anytime this weekend would be great!

Anyone who wants details of the Early Day Motion 814 currently before MP's to prevent further removals of people back to the Democratic Republic of Congo and who is willing to tell their Euro MP or their local MP or even a member of the house of Lords that they want them to vote on this then please let me know and I will send you the link to the EDM 814 for you to pass on. I just didn't want to bombard you with too much information and Jean Michel's case is the most pressing at this time!

Thanks and apologies to anyone who does not appreciate receiving this!

Warm Wishes

Jacqui

Hi Everyone

Please find attached a copy of a petition for Jean Michel in PDF and Word format.  These can be returned to any of the three addresses at the bottom of the document by Tuesday 2 March 2009 please so they can be passed to Jean Michel's lawyer to stop his removal (scheduled for 1900 hrs on Monday 9 March).

It is hoped that we can hold a demonstration against removals to Congo and that of Jean Michel on 6 March - I will let you know details as soon as arrangements are finalised. We need as many people as possible, especially UK citizens, to show strength of feeling on this one.

Please remember to ask MPs to support EDM 814 - see details in previous email.

Any problems with downloading please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Lynn