Oh, they'll find a way, those crafty scientists, eg:
'Nunnery (nun-ness?) is a recessive gene, therefore it can be passed on to subsequent generations without expressing itself'
Or something like that.

--- On Sun, 15/2/09, CRAIG NEWNES <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: CRAIG NEWNES <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] Nuns and genetics
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, 15 February, 2009, 1:27 AM

I have the homour of Jay Joseph electing me as his editor for The Gene Illusion - a masterpiece in critique of the importance of genes and conduct. But, the bottom line is this: IF genes were more important than nurture in our conduct, then nuns would have disaperaed 900 years ago - I can't be arsed to explain. Go figure
Craig___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator: Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])