Thanks, that's interesting, and interesting that the PostScript doesn't do
so badly on this front (since it's doing the same clipping).  I'm not
quite sure what to do about this.  I mean I could do the clipping in our
code but that rather defeats the purpose of a nice language like PS and
PDF!

Wayne